Cars are like clothing. They make you feel a certain way when you are in them and convey an image to society. To many, they are an extension of who you are—whether it’s fashionable, geeky, tree-hugger or behind the times.
For example some might believe that driving a pick-up or beat-up old car could be the equivalent to wearing sweat pants and T-shirt, whereas driving a fancy luxury vehicle feels like you should be wearing a tux or evening gown. This may seem funny to you but we’re only human we all want to look good while doing our chores.
So what does your car say about you? Here’s a clue.
- Black: aggressive personality, rebel
- Silver: cool, calm, may be a loner
- Green: reactive
- Yellow: idealistic
- Blue: introspective, reflective, and cautious
- Red: someone who is full of energy and pizzazz
- White: status seekers, gregarious
- Cream: contained and controlled
Whether we choose cars for how we want others to perceive us, or if we are simply concerned with price and function, what we drive can send some serious messages.
Does the vehicle you drive say something about you?