Having seen how car thieves have a special attraction for the Cadillac Escalade, what cars do they hate the most?
If you own a Mini Cooper, Toyota Prius or Nissan Murano, breathe easy. A new car-theft insurance survey has found owners of these vehicles are among the least likely to be targeted by car thieves. Interestingly, it’s a mix of cars and midsize SUVs but the common thread between all is very sophisticated anti-theft mechanisms.
Here’s the Top 10 car that thieves reject:
- Audi A6 all-wheel-drive, large luxury car
- Mercury Mariner (2009-10) small SUV
- Chevrolet Equinox (2010) midsize SUV
- Volkswagen CC (2009-10), midsize car
- Chevrolet Equinox four-wheel-drive (2010) midsize SUV
- Lexus RX 350 (2010) midsize luxury SUV
- Saturn Vue midsize SUV
- Chevrolet Aveo (2009-10) mini station wagon
- BMW 5 series all-wheel-drive large luxury car
- Mini Cooper Clubman 2-door car
The Audi A6 pretty much never gets lifted, the report said. Can you imagine Grand Theft Auto: Audi Edition? Yeah, neither can Penske Automotive Group.