A recent study has proven that drivers who are singing along to their favorite music are likely to concentrate more on their driving and are less likely to fall asleep. Penske Automotive Group always had a hunch that this might be true, but is pleased to have it backed by scientific data. In the spirit of this new found knowledge here are the Penske staff’s top 10 driving songs.
1. “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
2. “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
3. “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.” by John Mellencamp
4. “Little Red Corvette” by Prince
5. “Are You Gonna Go My Way” by Lenny Kravitz
6. “Everyday is a Winding Road” by Sheryl Crow
7. “Little Deuce Coupe” by the Beach Boys
8. “Take it Easy” by the Eagles
9. “Life is a Highway” by the Rascal Flatts
10. “Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles
What songs would comprise your top 10? What song do you think the Penske Racing Team will listen to when they are trying to get psyched for Brickyard 400’s Big Machine Records at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday, July 31?